You may remember Cole's tooth injury in April - the mysterious "ring" around his little front tooth after he fell on the tile. (See April 25, 2008 post.) Well, the other day when I was checking his tooth (I do this often - shocking, I know), I noticed the ring seemed to move! What!?? So I pulled on it, and the whole thing popped off! I have a new theory: The ring is rubbery - like a mini rubberband. So I think he had it in his mouth, it got stuck on his tooth, and when he fell, it was jammed down into his gums. The reason why it came out now is because the tooth next to it has been erupting these last few weeks, pushing the ring up. It was in his gums pretty deep - about 4-5 mm. No wonder why all the dentists were mystified - it wasn't "keratinzed tissue" - it was a foreign object. Poor guy- it was in his gums for 5 whole months. Check it out:



I can't wait to show the denstist when I go into work this week.
6 comments:
That's is crazy! I can't believe it. Poor guy! I'm glad you figured it out though. What a crazy story
Holy Cow Jennie! Is it me or do strange medical things happen in your home? I can't wait to hear what the dentists say!
The truck is awesome by the way. I'm sure Forrest loves it, any man would! Are you enjoying it?
Holy smokes! That is out of control. Teeth have been on my mind lately as Ethan had a huge swollen tooth that pussed and popped. The doctor was convinced it wasn't an abcess. I'm not so convinced.....
I hope all is well with you!
Poor kid! I am glad that it finally fell out though! That's crazy!
That is just disgusting. Yet another reminder why I never want to be involved in the dental world.
How are you? Hope things are going well for you! I cannot believe that it was in his mouth for 5 months! Crazy!
Post a Comment