Monday, November 24, 2008

Why I Have Not Been Blogging

Yes, I know. It's been over 2 months since I last blogged. I have a whole bunch of lame excuses. Here are some of those excuses with evidence to prove it:

1. I was busy planning a surprise party to celebrate Forrest's 30th birthday. I invited about 60 close friends and family who love and support Forrest. We had it a Wheeler Farm. We ate pizza from The Pie and a good friend even sang Forrest a personal birthday song. It turned out great. Forrest didn't suspect a thing. Thanks to everyone (especially Ember) for all the help.







2. Forrest's prize possession - his ATV- fell off a mountain - literally. It took a lot of manpower, more ATVs, and a whole bunch of determination to retrieve the thing. It is now sitting in our garage in pieces. Is Forrest upset, you may be wondering. -Upset is an understatement. Try devastated beyond belief.

Trying to figure out how to retrieve it.

Do you see that tiny spec of red amongst the shrubbery? That's it. It was much farther down the cliff - this shot was taken at about the half way point. And no, Forrest was not the one driving it when it wrecked. Luckily his friend was OK.


Here it is partially put back together in our garage. It will take a lot more time & money to fix it completely.

3. We sold our house after it was on the market for less than a week. We packed stuff up, took belongings to a storage shed, said goodbye to neighbors, etc. And then 10 days before we were supposed to be out, the buyers backed out because they could not get a loan.

4. Halloween.

My little ninjas (Cade picked out the costumes).




Cole went to the door a couple of times during treat-or-treating, but he was pretty content sitting in the stroller munching on his loot.

5. Our computer went psycho. We have no memory left on our computer, so most everything has had to be transferred to our backup hard drive. To top it off, it also became infected with a crazy virus. I was unable to use our computer for several days. This was extremely difficult for me - I use the computer for everything (scrapbooking, photo editing and organization, shopping, paying bills, etc.). Now we need to either get a new computer, or invest in a new hard drive. John was able to fix it enough so that I can actually get online (thank you), but it is not completely functional yet.

6. I was busy planning Cade's 5th birthday. He requested a Star Wars party. I could not find a Star Wars cake to save my life, so my talented husband made one himself. He also made a Death Star pinata. What a guy. My house was trashed - just wait til you see the video (below). Caden requested he be sprayed with silly string at his party. This is because everyone sprayed Forrest at his surprise party, and Caden thought it was pretty darn cool.




This was on his actual birthday. Several months ago Cade had requested "berries and cream" to eat on his birthday. Here he is blowing out a candle on top of the berries and cream.




7. We sold our house a second time (as of today). We do not have a new house to move into, so looks like we'll be nice and cozy in my mom's house until we find something. Do I dare pack up (again)? Is it really going to go through this time? Say your prayers, people.

8. Family Time.



Cade has been busy in preschool, and loving every minute of it.

Lots of wrestling with Dad.

Cole and his charming little grin (what's up with his right eye??).
This is the "It wasn't me" expression. Believe me - I get this look more often than not. I have a difficult time keeping up with him. How do some people have SIX kids? I can barely manage two.
This was at Bountiful Lake a couple weeks ago. A fun, quaint spot for fishing or taking a walk.





Cole learning to ride a four wheeler, just like his dad and big brother. This is what Caden learned to ride on.

10 comments:

Peterson's said...

Okay, lets see if I remember everything to comment on. First, Happy Birthday Forrest! Second, oh my gosh, about the ATV, third, happy birthday Caden! Love the cake! Love the invite! And, how the heck did you get the silly out of the carpet?! I hope I didn't miss anything!

Brianne said...

Yeah, you're back. I've been wondering what has happened to you! It sounds like a lot has happened. Some good and some not so good. I'm sorry we weren't able to make it to Forrest's birthday party. Life was just too crazy around then. Your house drama doesn't sound like much fun. Where are you planning on moving to? You could come out here if you want...we'd love to have you!!! Speaking of coming out here, why don't we have a get together out here in January after the Holidays?? Sound good? Plan on it and I will email you and Ember with details. Good luck with everything. Hope your life gets back to normal soon.

Don said...

F & J,

Congrats on the big 30. It hasn't hit me yet that I'm just around the corner. Wish we could have been there to celebrate the night.

Thanks for all the pictures. We love to see all the wonderful things that fill your lives.

If anyone can put that machine back together it's Forrest. All he needs is a good pair of pliers and time. Forrest could always fix anything.

Jennie, you know this better than I. I checked out the faculty listing at Backman. Your mom and Jan Peterson are all that are left. We don't even have our yellow brick building anymore. Happy Thanksgiving! -Don

Karly and Nick said...

You are so brave to let your living room look like that...yet when I picked up Lukas a few hours later there was not a trace! Lukas had so much fun too!

We are happy for you that you sold your house (again) but so sad for us...I wish we could both move at the exact same time! We will still have to get Lukas and Caden together...then we can still get together to talk too!

Maria said...

WOW! You weren't kidding when you said that you posted! What a busy time you've been having! It all looks amazingly fun (except for the 4-wheeler wreck). Be sure to let me know if I can help!

Suzette said...

Thank you so much for the update! I feel special that I knew pretty much everything on that list. It was so fun to see the pictures, especially the birthday parties and now I can visualize Forrest's ATV. :( You definitely have been busy! Is there still a chance of possibly coming to Detroit?

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Forrest and Caden! Both parties looked great- I LOVED the silly string! What a fun idea!Hope the move goes good- that can be so stressful!

jamatukk said...

Jennie:
LOVE that the poster was on there. Seriously the best. I hate that you are selling your house. Stop just don't. Who knows we will probably be here forever. We still better see each other. Hope your feeling better. Britt

Asay Family said...

I love the updates and dang girl you have been busy. Better yet I am gonig to call you wonder mom!!!! Title well deserved.
Congrats on the second sell and trust me we will put you in our prayers. :)

Debbie said...

Hi Jenny,
I'm glad I found you. It will be nice to stay in touch like this. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...