Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring has Sprung

Last Saturday we went with Forrest's family to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point. The Tulip Festival goes on for several weeks, but we wanted to go on Saturday because it was "Dutch Day." It was cold and rainy, but we still had a good time. The tulips were beautiful and the scenery was gorgeous. I know the tulips don't compare to the thousands of tulips in Holland - at least that's what Forrest tells me. His family is from Holland and he served his mission there as well. Hopefully someday I will have the chance to see them over there myself.







This is only a small section of the tulip festival. The gardens at Thanksgiving Point cover 55 acres.
As we were walking through the gardens we spotted a coi pond. You can feed them for a quarter. The kids loved it.



4 comments:

Brianne said...

What cute pictures Jennie. I love tulips too! They are one of my favorite flowers. I just wish they would stay around longer than a couple weeks. I hope you are doing well.

Karly and Nick said...

Holland's tulips are beautiful! I love the pic of you and Forrest too!

We are going to be in town next week. I will call you and see if maybe we can get together!

Miss you guys!

jamatukk said...

Jennie:
great photos. How are you guys? You do need to make it to Holland for sure. I wanted to go to the Tulip Festival so I was glad to see your photos. It looks beautiful. Brittney

Suzette said...

These pictures are BEAUTIFUL!! I love the picture of you and Forrest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...