There is a little Belgian waffle and fry diner downtown called Bruges. We love munching on frites (french fries) while sampling one of their 1o different fry sauces. But our ultimate favorite indulgence from Bruges is their Waffle Monster. It is a crunchy vanilla waffle stuffed with delicious Belgian speculoos (a carmalized gingerbread cookie spread), vanilla bean ice cream, and strawberries. So, so good.


Cade turned EIGHT years old this month. He could hardly wait. (When he turned seven last year he had said, "I can't wait until next year when I turn eight, because that means I'll get baptized.") He asked for an army-themed birthday party.

My cousin's wife, Chelsea, made the cake. It was perfect. Caden loved it. Even the inside was camouflaged.



After cake and presents we all headed for Kangaroo Zoo - a great place to get the wiggles out.


Cade was also excited to be turning eight because that means he started cub scouts. I hope he has the same enthusiasm when he's sixteen. ;)

We had Thanksgiving at Ali's and Jason's this year. It was fun having Michelle's parents with us as well.



And it wouldn't be Thanksgiving with out a little football!
1 comment:
Please take me for one of those waffles the next time I visit! We've heard about the place with all the sauces from friends and I really need to try it! :) I love everything about his party...the invites, the goody box, the cake! So perfect! Looking forward to your next post...
Post a Comment