Wednesday, June 15, 2011

May

May was an eventful month. We finally had a few warmer days, but it was still mostly cold & wet. Here's a look at what we did:
Photobucket

The boys tried out their kites they received at Easter.
Photobucket

Cole played t-ball with a few boys from the ward.
Photobucket

I think the cheers were his very favorite part of the whole thing.
Photobucket

A new favorite of ours: quinoa with fresh herbs from the garden.
Photobucket

And to balance out the healthy quinoa, we eat lots of yummy treats too. This is chocolate cake with cream & berries. I used Pioneer Woman's recipe for the cream -soooo delicious. You must try it.
Photobucket

I attended another laser course - this time at the University of Florida in Gainesville. Here I am working on another pig jaw.
Photobucket

Although we were there for work, we snuck in a little fun time. We did a bit of touring and went to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (very cool). We tried butter beer and bought wands at Ollivander's. Moaning Myrtle's voice could even be heard in the girl's bathroom.
Photobucket

Julie & Karolynn are the other hygienists I work with. They have both become great friends as well. Love working with them. The waiter who took this picture called us "Charlie's Angels."
Photobucket

Over Memorial Day we took a quick trip down to Lake Powell. Forrest had a couple of things to fix on the houseboat so the kids and I decided to join him. It ended up being a very windy trip. We spent most the majority of time inside because the wind was so bad. We were able to sneak in a hike on the last day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Suzette said...

So funny, I make her cream (that same recipe) all the time! It is delicious. We definitely are drawn to the same things! As if that is new information or something...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...