One of my favorite scrapbookers, Ali Edwards, designed a project called "A Week In The Life," in which she documents the details of everyday life for 7 days. She has done this the past few years, and I have always thought it was so cool. This year I decided to play along. It is a major time commitement, but it is worth it. I took tons of photos of our family's ordinary, everyday life, including what we ate, clothing we wore, projects, things around the house, the weather, morning routines, the kids playing, etc. I saved receipts, bits of schoolwork, mail, etc - things that may normally be thrown away. I included funny things the kids said, special quotes I came across through out the week, as well as little notes from school, or pictures the kids drew. Each day has a total of 4 pages: the opening page for the day, which documents the details of everything we did that day and includes a favorite photso(s) for the day; a divided page protector (front and back) which holds smaller photos, receipts, and so forth; and the ending page for the day of just photos. I printed ALL of the photos at home on my photo printer (Epson Stylus PHOTO 1400 -
thank you Santa). I am happy with the finished project and hope to do it again next year. I think it will be especially neat to look back on in the future, when most of those ordinary details might otherwise be forgotten.
Title Page:
Sunday:
Monday:

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:



Saturday:


7 comments:
Jennie, I just love it. Of course your amazing photography skills makes the whole thing so much more gorgeous and well put together. Great job!
What a great idea...I love it! You're so talented in SO many ways.
Oh my heavens. Your amazing. I want to see this in person and dream of one day doing it, which will never happen but I want to think it will. I want to see you too and we need to hang out. Miss ya Britt
So cute! I love the little pockets of stuff. Darling! Well done!
This makes me want to vomit. I already can't keep up with my regular scrapbooking, now you throw this at ME!? It looks SO good Jenni, and makes me cry for a nice camera even more. Can I see it when we come?
WOW! This is truly amazing. I would love to get my hands on it to see it in more detail.
I am very interested to do this for myself.
We miss you guys. Where are you these days?
This book is adorable!! Good job hon. You look great. I hope all is well.
Post a Comment