
December was eventful, as always. We have had a few good snow storms, which the kids love. Cade could not wait to get out his shovel.


We went with Ali and her family on the Polar Express (Heber Mountain Railroad). Cade swears up and down that we went to the North Pole, met Santa's elves, and saw Santa on the train where everyone was given their own silver bell. At church the following Sunday Cade told everyone in his primary class about the Polar Express. When Cade was telling the story, I overhead one little girl say, "Santa is just a fairy tale." Caden said, "No he's not. I went to the North Pole. I really did. And I saw Santa." I love this age - all of the holidays so magical for the kids.

Forrest's grandmother from Holland came to visit for a couple weeks during Christmas. We made a gingerbread house, ate Dutch pancakes, sang Christmas songs with Opa's guitar, and Oma gave the boys new Christmas jammies.


The tree is a little lop-sided. That's because Cole took a bite out of it before we put it together.

Cade asked Santa for a Harry Potter game for Christmas, so he has been in a major Harry Potter mood. Cole asked for Thomas the train.

On Christmas Eve we went to Ali's. The kids helped tell the Christmas story using the Playmobil nativity set. We decorated cookies for Santa, and had a white-elephant gift exchange.

We had Christmas dinner at Forrest's parents. It was so fun! We used a fondue grill to cook our own meats and vegetables. This was much better than regular fondue - you don't have to worrry about hot oil or greasy food.

And of course I can't celebrate Easter or Christmas with out getting the boys matching outfits for church.
2 comments:
Oh Jennie, you put me to shame! Your pictures are gorgeous. When are you guys coming to Laramie? :)
Such cute matching sweaters! Such cute boys! I am so glad you guys had a great Christmas...it looks like lots of fun!
Oh, and how did the bacon turn out? We need to talk so I can hear the end of the story! Hugs!
Post a Comment